Wednesday 12 January 2011

how did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Since the start of our Media A-level course I have learnt how to use many new media technologies, which I have exploited and used in every stage my A-2 media coursework.

I used the NVGS5oo video camera to capture the raw footage for my music video, the NVGS500 uses tape which makes it easier for use to cut up when editing the footage, The camera had a wide variety of settings to give different effects, which gave me more creative freedom when using it allowing me to sculpt images to the way i wanted them. The NVGS500 also had manual and auto focus settings which allowed me to get perfectly focused shots when shooting different or tighter shots. While using the NVGS500 i had to make sure that every time i captured footage with it, i was using the same aspect ratio of wide-screen, so that once i had edited the raw footage the end result kept its continuity.












When Editing the raw footage i had captured using the NVGS500, i used the Adobe Creative suite 3 and 5, mainly i used Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photo-shop in the construction of the music video. The Adobe CS3 and CS5 allowed me to cut up the raw footage i had taken, transforming it into lots of singular shots rather than one big take of all my footage. it also allowed me to add on screen text to my music video, add pictures or moving images, picture transitions, and separate audio and video from one another.

When creating the digi-pack cover and magazine advert i used Adobe Photo shop which allowed me to manipulate pictures we had taken to create our band member 'monsters'. it also enabled me to add text, backgrounds and build upon multiple layers.

When shooting our news reader scene we used a Green screen for the background so that we could insert the news room ,we created, as the background to make it look more authentic.



To research music videos for inspiration for my own music video i used the Internet, mainly the Internet site 'YouTube' as it gives anyone who can access the Internet the opportunity to view music videos created by professionals and ordinary people. i exploited the videos i saw on 'YouTube' by making up my own ideas based on what i had seen. i also used the Internet when researching digi-pack covers, as i looked at real ones to get inspiration for the one that i was going to create.

In the planning stage of my coursework i used 'My space' to get in contact with Cage the Elephant to ask their permission to use their song for my music video.




When Evaluating my work i used the Internet site 'Blogger' which allowed me to create a blog to showcase all the work i had done, was in the process of doing or was going to do. through Blogger i was able to customise my blog by adding different font colours, backgrounds, add gadgets to make my blog more appealing and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment